"Quid Rides? De te fabula narratur." Horácio.

sexta-feira, outubro 08, 2004

Querido Kerry II

Casamos, ou não?


Para os defensores acérrimos de Kerry:
"I think you have to draw that line, so the answer is yes, they reached beyond that line, and in my judgment they're trying to exploit certain issues," he said. "The president and I have the same position, fundamentally, on gay marriage. We do. Same position. But they're out there misleading people and exploiting it."
John Kerry


E uma óptima resposta de Andrew Sullivan:
I am aware of his slippery, unprincipled and vacuous stand on civil rights for gay couples. (This, of course, is indistinguishable from his slippery, unprincipled and vacuous stand on almost every other issue as well). I trust Kerry about as much as I trusted Bill Clinton. The similarity is not just that both Bush and Kerry oppose equal marriage rights for gay couples but that neither have ever given a single argument in defense of their position.