"Quid Rides? De te fabula narratur." Horácio.

segunda-feira, setembro 10, 2007

Lista de Epifanias III (*)


The Waves

‘I see a ring,’ said Bernard, ‘hanging above me. It quivers and hangs in a loop of light.’

‘I see a slab of pale yellow,’ said Susan, ‘spreading away until it meets a purple stripe.’

‘I hear a sound,’ said Rhoda, ‘cheep, chirp; cheep chirp; going up and down.’

‘I see a globe,’ said Neville, ‘hanging down in a drop against the enormous flanks of some hill.’

‘I see a crimson tassel,’ said Jinny, ‘twisted with gold threads.’

‘I hear something stamping,’ said Louis. ‘A great beast’s foot is chained. It stamps, and stamps, and stamps.’
Virginia Woolf, The Waves
(O melhor livro de todo o sempre, by the way, para qualquer pessoa de bom gosto)

(*) Contributo - em citações que não sei se me mudaram a vida, mas não me saem da cabeça - para a discussão do momento.